Saturday, January 2, 2010

White Water Wonderland

We spent the morning white water rafting, and I'm going to try my hardest to explain just how awesome it really was.

My favorite part of the trip was the variety in scenery. I cannot explain to you the mountains with rainbows, rapidly moving water and cliffs. It honestly looked as if someone came along and painted a backdrop of the most beautiful landscapes.

Layers of clothes went into this trip. Wetsuits, windbreakers, lifejackets, helmets and more... I can't say it was the most comfortable outfit, but it did keep me warmer than I expected.

Our guides were a lot of fun. Very laid back and funny, but good at what they did. I felt confident in leaving my life in their hands!

We started out with a Grade 2 "rapid" (Grade 5 is the highest). The river was actually way up last night and this morning, so we had to start further down the river to avoid any higher grade, possibly dangerous water.  

Two hours and 15 km (9.375 miles) later, we ended back at the lodge for a lunch and a slideshow of our adventures.

This trip has been my favorite adventure so far... This extreme sport makes me exciting for bungy jumping and skydiving. But that's another adventure for another day.

Box of Birds,
Kaity


No comments:

Post a Comment